Monday, December 8, 2008

November 24th Letter

Dear Family,I hope that you all are doing great! And I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. To be honest I totally forgot that Thanksgiving was this week...I´ll have to look for a Turkey or something. This week we have transfers!! I am going to stay in Padre Las Casas but I have a new companion. Her name is Hermana Nuñez and she is from Argentina. Actually,there are 2 Elders in this sector too and they both are from Argentina...soi will be the only gringa for miles!!! I will have to learn how to talk like an Argentine these next 6 weeks! I´m excited, it will be fun. And I also realized that we have 1 month until Christmas!-Mom, Dad, let me know when I should call...what day would be best/when most people will be at the house. It´s totally weird because it is getting so hot here, there willdefinitely not be any snowmen or hot chocolate this Christmas. This week has been really low-key, last week had all the excitement.

However, yesterday Aruldiz (the woman who raises her hand to answer the questions..remember to follow her example) was baptized. It was so amazing to see her so happy. I often feel in awe at how much faith some people have.We are taught through the gospel of Jesus Christ that He was an example for us and that as such we should follow his teachings and his example. Part of this includes being baptized by someone who has the right authority (this is why Jesus walked all the way from Galilee to find John the Baptist, he had the authority to baptize). Most people are fine until they get to that last part, they don´t think that it is necessary to be baptized. However, others really have no problem in believing that principle and following it. That is faith, to not know every little detail about something but still believe it.To know that Jesus is the Christ and that it is only through him that we are able to be saved. And as a result of that belief/truth we are willing to give our will to him, trusting that he will lead and guide us and will make our life better than we could ever make it ourselves. This is a process that really is never ending, but through trying to strengthen our faith miracles happen. It is an amazing truth that i love thinking about! Faith is such a basic principle yet it is so important and profound. This doesn´t come easy. For example, Aruldiz had been searching for years to find the truth, and when she found it she knew.

Anyway, I hope that you all take some time to think about faith this week, and how you can improve the faith that you have. And in the spirit of thanksgiving i just want to let you all know how greatful i am for you all. Thank you for your support and love. I am also so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ, that through this we are able to progess and return clean and pure to our Father in Heaven. I am so grateful for the scriptures, that if we follow their guidance and direction our lives can improve.And i am also grateful that we are able to communicate with our God in prayer daily. I am so grateful for my loving Heavenly Father and for all of you. Thank You! I hope you all have a wonderful week. Love,Robyn

No comments: