Dear Family and friends,
Ok, this week has been busy. We are still teaching Carlos (the guy we had
FHE at the President´s house with) and he´s doing really good. Actually
tonight we are going to teach him again. He doesn´t feel like he´s ready to
be baptized yet (which is always a problem) but i have no doubt that he
will soon take that next step. It´s actually funny because he is more
prepared than any other person i have taught, we´ve told him that but he
still doesn´t believe us. This week we also started teaching a cute family.
Actually it´s an old granny and her son named Pablo and Juanita. Juana
worked in a hospital years ago and one day at work someone abandoned Pablo
when he was a baby. She took him into her home and raised him. So even
though she`s old enough to be his grandma, she is his mom. It is so cute to
see them together, he takes such good Care of her and he is only 18 years
old. But she is a hoot. Last time we were teaching them I was saying the
prayer and she says right in the middle of it ^^Speak up, I can´t hear you!
I´m half deaf ya know^^. I could control myself and started laughing in the
middle of the prayer. I know I know, I should have controlled myself but it
was difficult. She is very intelligent and asks a lot of questions, it´s fun
to teach them.
Also this week I made brownies for ALL of the Relief Society. They had an
activity and asked me to make them something from to the US. So I thought,
^what better recipe to use than the brownie recipe that has been handed down
through all the sister missionaries in the mission^^? Needless to say it was
a hit and they scarfed them all down (thanks hna Taylor!!!!). The bad thing
is I Burned the heck out of my hand doing it. But such is the price of
serving a mission I guess…haha. Ok guys, this is all I have time for. I hope
you all are doing well. I´ll talk to you soon. Love ya,
Hna Richardson
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Haha, what a fun lady! I can totally see you laughing during the prayer. What else was to be done? :)
I miss you Robyn! But it sounds like you are doing great!
Post a Comment