Sunday, June 28, 2009

June 22

Dear Family and friends
Thanks for your letters as always.

I was able to go to see Carlos´s baptism and it was awesome. It was on
Thursday night so we took the bus up to
san Pedro and got there right before
the baptism.
PResident Swenson preformed the baptism and did a great job, we
should have recorded it and used it in a movie---picture perfect. I was
asked to give the talk on baptism and was honored to do so. I loved being
able to see him get baptized and the spirit was felt very strongly.
Actually, Juana and Pablo were also there and i think the only thing better
than seeing Carlos taking that next step was seeing Juana get
emocional
during the baptism.
SHe absolutely loved it! She said that she never
imagined a baptism could be so beautiful…and then she started talking more
about it. We have invited her to be baptized before but she has declined but
i really pray and hope that this experience has made a difference! SO it was
definitely a very good experience and it´s good to know that Carlos is
strong in the gospel and is looking forward to progressing (either temple
marriage or
misión….either one Works!). That was def one of the highlights
of the week.

The other highlight was seeing
Dallon Oaks talk, that was absolutely
amazing! All the missionaries (About 300---from both
Concepción missions)
got to ¨¨bump elbows¨¨ with him
because they don´t want him to get sick
with the flu that´s been going around.
But nonetheless it was awesome. I
also got a
really good SEAT, I was 2 rows back from him in the center, it
was great! Seriously, he speaks with so much power and passion, it was a
great experience. He talked a lot about missionary work and how we
shouldn't
waste time
thinking about anything else other than helping the work of the
Lord
because there will be no other time in our lived when we can dedicate
EVERYTHING to serving Him. That was a good
waker-upper. I´ve heard it before
but it´s different being told that sitting 2 rows away from an apostle of
the Lord. He also talked about people´s agency and how many people don´t
want to listen to the gospel
because the gospel is one of action and
progression and there are many who do not desire either. I had never thought
about it in that way before, but from my experience that is true. When
people don´t want to listen it is because they are too busy or lazy with
other things and have no room to act and increase
thier faith. I hope none
of you fall into either of those categories, because it happens more often
than you think.

Things continue to do good in Nacimiento with Hna SUllivan. WE are working
hard and hoping to see results before she heads home in 6 weeks.
Thanks for
everything, i love you guys!!

Hna Richardson

No comments: