Dear Family and friends
Ok, so this week has past by very quickly. It´s still really cold in Los Alamos but we´re getting accustomed to it. We still get funny looks EVERYWHERE w ego, but it gives us a good laugh. This week i´ve come to really admire people who convert to the church. The other day the relief society president Left with us and we started talking about her conversión story. Before she was a member she went to one of the biggest ¨¨Evangelico¨¨churches in Los Alamos for over 30 years! She was in the choir and led the music, etc. Etc. Etc. But then she and her husband started listening to the missionaries and the church totally turned their back on them and kicked them out of the church. Her family also rebuked her and to this day people from that church talk to her and chew her out for going to the ¨¨mormon church¨¨. And actually, as we were talking to people in the street (before I knew her story) I noted that with some people there was tension between us and them and actually glared at us. Turns out they go to that church. I couldn´t imagine going through so much persecution! I really admire people have to endure so much for what they believe. My companion also had to wait 2 years to get baptized because her parents didn´t want her to do it(they´re now members by the way). I don´t know that i could endure all that they endured. It makes me think about the trials i have to go through…it puts things in perspective….what i go through really isn´t a whole lot. Anyway,sorry i can´t tell you more, but making sure the plans were ok took up my time. I hope that you all are doing well. I´ll write more next week. Love ya, Robyn
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment