Sunday, November 16, 2008

November 3rd Letter

Dear Family and Friends,
I hope this letter finds everyone well and excited for the upcoming
elections. The fever has hit Chile as well and everyone wants to
know who we
support. Of course we don´t talk politics so we start
talking about the
gospel of Jesus Christ. It works out nicely.

The weather has been amazing here! The flowers are blooming and
the hills
are full of purple, gold and white flowers. It´s beautiful!
However, the
heat during the day has made climbing those hills a
bit more of a pain. But
it´s a great work out. On Saturday I played
my first game of soccer in
Chile. It was great fun, but I learned one
crucial thing. NEVER touch the
ball with your hands even when
joking. The
Chilenas are very serious about this rule. It doesn´t
matter if the ball is out of bounds or if you are off
sides, but if the
ball even looks like it might have touched your hand, the

game stops immediately and the ball goes to the other team.
(I´m sorry, I´m
used to playing basketball….). However, I did
score a goal or two! So I was
excited about that. Next time you
all see me I´m sure I will be a pro.


Yesterday a woman we are teaching went to church with us
(her name is
Aruldiz) and she is amazing! She was sitting there
answering questions and
raising her hand to ask other questions.
I was proud. She has a sincere
desire to learn more about the Gospel
of
Jesus Christ. The moral of the story: Go to church. The reason we
go to church is to receive strength
throughout the week. As we take
the sacrament and renew our
baptismal covenants we are able to
receive
the spiritual strength we need throughout the week. The
other moral of the story is to
PARTICIPATE. You won´t learn
anything if you sit there half awake. Just going to church won´t
make it so
you learn, you also have to put forth a little bit of effort.
So remember,
the next time you are sitting in a lesson and the teacher
asks a question,
there is a woman named Aruldiz who has been to church
only a few times in
her life and she would raise her hand. Anyway,
that is the thought for the
week. Hopefully you all remember it for next
Sunday. Well, I have to get
going. I hope you all are doing great. Thanks
for your continued support and
love. Let me know how the elections go
and if you want, who you voted for (i
think dad is going to vote for
McCain…I´m not really sure). And of course,
let me know who won
(though I imagine I will hear it). Love you all. And the
Gospel is True!
Robyn

No comments: