Dear Family,
I got a ton of letters this week at Zone Conference
and everyone wasjealous!!!! Thank you all so much for
your letters and pictures, I LOVED IT.It totally made
my week. I have the best family and friends ever (or at
least in the mission). More good news, my blisters are
gone, i have officially climbed so many hills that my
feet are now accustomed to doing it.
This week i have come to realize many things. First off,
i am startingto speak like a Chilean. Usually Chilenas use
¨po¨ after every sentence and this week I used it multiple
times without realizing it! (I don´t know if this is a
goodor bad thing for my Spanish). I also realized that
I stillthink like an American. For example, this weekend
we decidedto give serviceto a family in the Church
and go ¨look forfirewood¨(this is a literal
translation). My mind wentdirectly back to the good old
days in Westcliffe Colorado(where we used to live),when
we would go search for fallenbranchesand pieces of wood
on our property to use for thefireplace. So Saturday
came and I was ready to search theground for wood.
WRONG!!!
Turns out the term ¨search for firewood¨really
means go tothe top of thetallest hill in Padre
Las Casas with axes and cut down trees!!! Then
haul all the trees back down the
mountain to the house!!!! IT was a blast, I
loved it!I am nowa professional at cutting down
trees and bringing them down the mountain.It was
a lot of fun, honestly. We were there as
missionaries and other members of the Church,
uniting together to help. It´s amazing how much
service can make one´s life happier and more
fulfilling. The member who we helped is named
Juana. She just got baptized last week and walks down
that hill-mountain every Sunday with her 3 children
so she can go to church and learn more about the
Gospel of Christ and of the sacrament. It really
puts things in perspective huh?
Everything is going great. I am learning new things
everyday,and I have so much yet to learn. Be sure to
continually seek more knowledge and growth.Everyday
there is something new to learn and someone new. We
can learn so much from each other and we can do so much
good in the World….and the World needs it. I love
you all! Thank you for your continued love and
support. You all rock! Love ya,
Robyn
Thursday, October 30, 2008
October 27th letter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment