Monday, January 12, 2009

December 15th Letter

Dear Family!

OK, this note is going to be especially short. First off....CONGRATS RISA
AND MIKE!!!!! I am so happy to hear that everything went well with the birth
of baby Cole. I can´t wait to see him (in 15 months......). You have to send
me pics when you can. I bet he is the cutest thing ever. I have literally
been telling everyone about how excited i was....and now i will be telling
everyone the news!!!!!!!!

Roxy....your package came!!!!! So it turns out that you can just put the
casilla number and in fact, it came faster than anyone Else's´s package.
Thank you so much, I loved your testimony and the fact that you sent me a
package...and the pics make me ridiculously happy. Unfortunately, I won´t be
able to get the other packages until after Christmas....unless the President
decides to send all the packages to the south for Christmas (which won´t
happen). But I´m excited to receive them!

This week has been hectic and actually i can´t really remember anything that
happened. But, something did stick in my mind. Yesterday all he missionaries
in the area had interviews with the President and I heard an Elder explain
the commandments of God in this form and I liked it. He said that
commandments are just an invitation to receive blessings. When we comply
with the commandments it is for our own good, so we will naturally get the
blessings that come from keeping that commandment in addition to other
blessings from being obedient. When we don´t comply with commandments
we arebasically saying that we don´t want the blessings. So just remember
that...not exactly a Christmas message but i thought it was interesting. I
hope that you all are enjoying the snow and the Christmas season. I am so
grateful for all of you and for this opportunity that we have to celebrate
the birth of our savior. It truly was and is a miracle. I can´t wait to talk
to you in 9 days!!! Love ya,

Robyn

No comments: