Dear Family,
I hope that you all are enjoying the cold. Bekah, I hope you had a happy
birthday! I sent you a card and I hope that it got to you.
This week has been incredibly hot! I´ve found that the hottest weeks are
usually the most difficult. But I´d rather work in the heat than the cold!
Unfortunately, the family that we were teaching that lived on the hill and
loved UNO decided that they didn´t want to continue learning. But such is
the mission....I will say one thing though. I wish that I grew up having the
knowledge of the Bible that Jehovah Witnesses have and the Passion/Retention
of the Evangelists! I´m a firm believer that you can learn something from
every religion and that is what I have learned from talking from A TON of
people from both those religions.
On Saturday we had an activity with the youth of our area and it went well.
Haha...actually, it was going horribly dull until some members of our ward
brought all their friends, who just happened to be punk/emos who had
piercings in every place imaginable, crazy hair cuts, with black finger
nails, etc. After they all arrived (there were about 12 of them) things
really picked up. And they were all really good people too. Just goes to
show you can´t judge a book by its cover. They loved the scavenger hunt,
they 3 legged race, playing soccer, etc. It ended up being really fun thanks
to them. And i still laugh at the mental picture of the clean cut Mormons
playing games with the punks.
That´s about all that happened this week. We had our Zone Conference where
we talked about setting goals and accomplishing them. It was very inspiring,
especially during the new year. If we want to do great things in our lives,
we need to set our goals high and strive to accomplish them. I have seen
that work throughout my short time in the mission and i know that it will
continue to work throughout my life. Well, I have to go. I hope you all are
doing well! Love ya,
Robyn
Friday, January 23, 2009
January 19th
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment