Dear Family,
Well another week has come and gone! And if i´m not mistaken March Madness
is rapidly approaching (dang it!). I think it´s a blessing that basketball
is almost unheard of here because it will help not be distracted (the same
when So You Think You Can Dance comes back on air).
Today we went to a great national park that was gorgeous! It was near a
volcano so there were black lava rocks everywhere but then there were green
trees and clear blue lakes. The contrast was amazing. I will have to send
you all pictures next week.
This week we have been teaching a woman named Macarena (don´t make fun of
the name) and it is amazing the change that she has made in her life. When
we first met her in the street, and then a couple times in her house after
that, you could tell that she was tired and depressed. However, now that she
is going to church and finding the power that the gospel of Christ can play
in one´s life, it has given her more life. Now when we pass by she laughs
and jokes around. She seems much happier. It is truly amazing what a
difference we can make in our lives by dong the simple things (going to
Church, praying, reading the scriptures, etc. ). Another example of this
happened on Sunday. I saw a woman from a far off talking to an Elder. She
looked very familiar but I couldn´t figure out how I knew her. Afterwards I
talked to the Elder and asked who she was only to find out that I had met
her just a month before. The difference was that a month ago she was
investigating the church (it was her first day) and she had piercings and
different hair color. But now, a mere month and a half later, she has
changed completely! And not just in her clothing, but you can tell that she
has found something special, something that lets the light of Christ shine
brightly in her eyes...and that something special is the restored gospel of
Jesus Christ. What a blessing it is in our lives! Alright, I have to get
going. I hope that you all are doing great. Thanks for your letters and your
support. Risa, I will think about some examples/ insights and put them in my
next letter (hopefully it will be in time...i´m assuming that by 2 weeks you
meant not this Sunday but the next...). Love you all!
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment