Dear Family and friends
This week has been difficult, but it has had it´s highlights so I will focus
on that. Yesterday we went to go visit this lady from our ward becuase she
was sick and we got to talking about her conversión story..it was pretty
cool. She was a hard-core Catholic befote and always rejected the
missionaries, her husband even let them in to talk one time and she didn´t
want anything to do with them. Then she went to England with her husband for
a year and it was there that she saw the Elders and also they lived below a
member who spoke spanish. Even though this hermana didn´t speak a Word of
english she started taking the discussions (her neighbor translated) and
went to church and was baptized in England without knowing English! She said
that eventhough she didn´t understand what was being said all the time in
chruch she still went because she liked the way it felt. She´s been a member
ever since. I thought that was cool. We also taught this really intersting
girl named Macarena. She is a total hippie and was wearing a ton of
braclets, baggy colorful pants, etc. And even started playing a long wooden
instrument that looks like a rain stick. She´s into herbal medicine (are you
getting the Picture???). But she was so nice and we actually had a great
discusión on if God exists or not. Unfortunately in the end she decided to
think in her own way so we won´t go back to visit her but it was great while
it lasted. I´ve decided that I want to convert a hippie..it´s my goal.
Those have been the highlights of my week. We have one more week in the
transfer and I am really nervous to train…so all your prayers/advice on how
the heck i´m going to train in this sector would be very much appreciated.
However, there is always hope that I can go open a new sector in the
south…..
Ok, so this all that I have time to write. Hopefully I answered your
questions and told you enough stories. You are always in my prayers and it
sounds like we all are going through difficult times right now. I´m not sure
what to say except continue on. God chooses the crucibles in which we are
tried. I´ll pray for you if you pray for me =-). Love you guys!
Robyn
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
March 23
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment