Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Letter # 2 from Chile

"Hey Everyone!

Thanks for your letters and support! I love hearing from you all! A lot has happened this past week...I had my first zone conference, so I met a lot of the other missionaries in the other areas. We also began teaching lessons to a few families that are awesome! I love teaching the gospel, it´s so amazing and perfect!!! This one woman named Paula gets so excited when we teach her,and she asks lots of questions because she´s so interested. It´s great. Oh yea... and we found a house! It´s a nice small house that is perfect for missionaries...and we move in tomorrow. Hna Calquin and I are SO excited.I´ll have to send pictures. This week is Fiestas Patrias and so everywhere is decked out in Red White and Blue (even the buses and neighborhoods have ribbons, etc.), which makes me think of the US. This year for Sept. 18th we are going to have a ¨sister conference¨ which i am soooo excited about, we get to go to the mission house with the president´s wife and stay the night. It´ll be a blast!

I´m doing really well and I love the people here. Everyone is so kind and willing to help. It´s great!!! However, i hate the dogs. I´ll have you all know that i got attacked by my first dog this week too....luckily it was a small house dog and ran and grabbed my coat while i was walking away from the house. I had a strong urge to kick it to the end of the street...but seeing as how the little girl, who was the owner, was looking I refrained. Luckily my long coat saved me! I now feel like a missionary!

Something that i have been thinking a lot about lately is that of faith. The difference between faith and hope is that faith leads to action (faith without works is dead...). I have seen so many people walk by faith it´s amazing! They put their whole trust and heart in God and he leads them and helps them..it´s beautiful how it works. And sometimes even though we don´t know why we are supposed to do something, or why something happens, we just need to have faith and continue forward and God will help us. I find great comfort in that. And it has happened SO many times in the short while that I've been here...you just need to have faith. Something that i am currently working on. Faith is something that we all need to prepare us. This reminds me of a quote by Winston Churchhill that says ¨To every man there comes in his lifetime that special moment when he is figuratively tapped on the shoulder and offered the chance to do a special thing, unique to him and fitted to his talent´what a tragedy if that moment finds him unprepared or unqualified for the work which would be his finest hour.¨ I love that quote!! It helps me continue on and have faith even when I don´t necessarily want to. I know God is helping us every step of the way, and that with faith we can do ALL things. I love you all, let me know how you are doing. Thank you once again for your letters, they mean the world to me. Robyn "

2 comments:

hot pocket said...

I just got my letter I sent back from the pouch..I wish I would have looked at the rules of the pouch system before sending it! Good to know for the future.

hot pocket said...

This is Shaylee by the way..