"Hello Everyone!!Thank you for your support and letters! Honestly, I never really understood why missionaries loved having letters so much but it honestly makes my day!Know that i have written you all but unfortunately there´s no post office in Lomas Coloradas so I have to wait until I come to el centro to send it off. I sent off the first batch today so you should be getting some within the next couple weeks. As far as writing me goes. For long letters, use the direct mail way (to the office in Concepcion...not the pouch). I get those every month or so (though I still haven´t gotten any letters yet...the elders need to get on that). For regular size mail and everyday chatting use the email, and i can always print off stuff if i need to.
Right, this week has been crazy!!!!! We moved into our new house and it´s so nice!!! I love it. Although when we were cleaning our old house i found a scorpion ( i have not idea how to spell that) under my bed!!!!!!!! I just about freaked out. It was small, and half dead, and apparently its´not deadly but that doesn´t really make me feel any better. To say the least I am happy to be in my new home. This week was also the independence day of Chile, but we had a conference for all the sisters that day so we didn´t really get to participate. But it was still great fun. We stayed the night in the President's house which is really posh and ate no bake cookies,lasagna, and snickerdoodles to our hearts delight! And we also learned alot too, so i really enjoyed it!
I love learning, it´s so awesome to be able to realize something that you never quite realized before. It´s invigorating! And it happens everyday on the mission. One thing that I really studied this week was the importance of the scriptures in our lives.They are truly food for the soul! And you can always learn something new...that´s why we need to constantly read them. Imagine..books that you can read and reread and never tire of because it´s constantly talking to your soul! Amazing. It is so true that just like we need daily nourishment for our bodies, we also need daily nourishment for our souls. if we starve our souls we are not able to perform to the same level as we could perform...we are not reaching our potential. And not only read them, but study them! Take out a pen and paper and write out what you learn, if only for a few minutes (OK, I´m lying..study for longer than a few minutes because it´s worth it!). I promise, you will feel just as revived and invigorated as if you just ate a big meal! So that is the spiritual message of this week. Feast, Eat, Indulge yourselves with the word of the Lord!
Alright everyone, I love you. Oh...and please send me pics!!!! I only have the ones that Risa sent me, which means that most people in Chile know that I have a nephew named Patricio! Oh...haha, and I also show the photo at Bekah´s wedding (of all the bridesmaids). Yesterday a girl was looking at that photo and she pointed at me and said...¨Your sister looks a lot like you¨, when i told her it was me she did a double take at me and Bekah...yup,she thought i was Bekah!!! (apparently we do look a lot alike Bekah b-c that has happened countless times here too). And they say that Roxy and Risa look like twins...imagine that! Well, I love you all and I have to go. Send me pictures and letters...that´s all i ask. Ciao,, Robyn"
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment