Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Aug 17th letter

Dear Family and friends,


This has been an interesting week, I guess in August the weather changes very quickly from bright and sunshiny to raining cats and dogs in a period of seconds. We learned this the hard way and did not take an umbrella with us one morning to work. I got SOAKED. The funny thing is that when we left in the morning it was sunshiny and nice, but by the time we got a little farther from our house the clouds came and it was pouring rain for about 15 min. Then the sun came out again. It has done that almost everyday this week. So we´ve learned just to take an umbrella with us everyday! IT was a difficult week in that we worked hard all week long and didn´t have very many fruits, that´s always difficult. Even more so when we´re teaching good people who know what they need to do but they don´t do it! That is SO frustrating. For example, we´re teaching a guy named Jose who is great! He knows he needs to go to church, he knows he needs the gospel in his life, and he says that he is going to do it but then something always gets in the way! I wish i Could hit him on the head to set straight whatever is loose! But physical violence is strictly forbidden on the mission. I guess it wouldn´t be very Christ like...

It was crazy to complete a year in the mission. I feel way old but i also feel like i just got into the MTC. But i look back on the year and i have learned so much and i am so grateful to be on the mission. I know that it is where the Lord wants me to be. Today i was talking with Hna Fowler and I realized all that i have learned while on the mission. How to be Humble, the sacrifice it takes to Spread the gospel, the work it takes to increase ones faith, the purpose of the Gospel, how Christ´s church is supposed to be run, being able to speak Spanish, how to truly love and feast on the scriptures. I´ve also been able to witness people change their lives because of the Gospel. I think the reason why that is so wonderful is because it happens so rarely, but it does happen! I think it would happen more often if people had the Desire to change, and to let the gospel do that. I think we all have hard hearts that need to be softened (in some aspect). Many times we think that we are good where we are at, but i´ve found that it usually means that we just don´t know how much better it can get!

If I were not to learn anything else on the mission, this (upcoming) year and a half would be worth it. But I know that there are many more people to help and more to learn! Now the hard part is Keeping that attitude! I just pray and hope that i can be a more worthy servant of the Lord and do what He asks of me. I hope that you all do that too! Well, i have to get going, I love you all and i hope that you are doing great. Love ya,

Hna Richardson

No comments: