Monday, September 7, 2009

August 24th


Dear Family and friends,

I hope you guys are all doing well.

So this week I think we ran into the majority of the ¨¨interesting
people¨¨ in Nacimiento. We met this lady who wanted nothing to do with us
because she swore up and down that many years ago, the missionaries CAME to
her home for a year trying to convince her to give them her 5 year old son

to go into training to be a missionary because he was very intelligent and
was fair skinned with blue eyes. No matter what we told her she wouldn´tl
believe us!!!! But she said that she never went to church and had no idea
about what we preach…that right off tells me that no LDS missionary stopped
by her house. I just had to laugh afterward because that was all i could
do. We also ran into some weird gypsies who started yelling
and screaming
gibberish at each other at us in the street. We left in the opposite
direction very quickly.

But we also met some cool people. There was this woman named Jessica who I
had run into many times before but never had the time to actually met and
teach her. We finally found her again last night and we couldn´t d share
very much because she was busy and we were short on time. But at the end o
f
teaching she started crying and said that she was very grateful that we
stopped by because it was the birthday of her deceased mother and she didn´t
want to be alone. I´m glad that we were able to meet with her and share the
plan of salvation. She is very Catholic and isn´t really interested in
sharing with us, but it was neat to be able to help her that night. That´s
life…it has it´s ups and it´s downs. We are currently in a bit of a stump
with teaching people. We find lots of people, they just don´t want
¨¨commitment¨¨. I find that most people want a quick solution in life. They
have questions so they ask us but then when we tell them they a
ctually have
to work to get the answer they are no longer very interested. But we just
have to keep the faith that there are people who want to be actively
involved in their Salvation and learning more. Alright, that´s all i got
time for. I hope that you guys are doing great. I love you and I pray for you
daily. Love ya,

Hna Richardson


Here are some pics of Hna Fowler and I

No comments: