Monday, November 16, 2009

October 19 Letter

Dear Family, Thank you for all your letters, i honestly LOVE being able to hear from you guys। This week I came to Mulchen Wednesday night and have been here since।It´s a good sector, i like it। It´s smaller than Nacimiento considerable and it´s really flat except for one really big hill. So of course with the luck of a missionary, we live at the very top of the ONE big hill inMulchen…needless to say we hike up and down that sucker a couple times everyday. The church in Mulchen is very small and weak. We have a lot of work to do. But there are also a lot of good members who help us as well. For example, there´s a youth named Julio who ALWAYS leaves with us, it´s great to have his support and the support of his family. I honestly feel bad for how little i worked with the missionaries before the mission. I could´ve learned so much before coming here on the mission. Now i know that the true success in missionary work come with the members, not the missionaries. If the members are strong and spread the gospel, it is much easier for the missionaries to teach and find people...oh well, live and learn…(hint hint). My comp is Hna Bardales and she´s great! She´s from ¨¨el centro¨¨ of Lima(apparently about 30 min from the plaza of armas dad…). She´s been on the misión for almost a year now and she is an excellent missionary. I always heard really good things about her and they are all true. All though ive only been with her for a few days i´ve already learned a lot from the way she Works. We get along great and teach well together. This week we found a really cool girl names Deborah. It was late at night and we had nothing to do so we debated about buying an empanada but decided to do street contacts for the last 30min of the night. As we were walking along the road i saw Deborah walking in the opposite direction and when she looked at us her eyes literally got bigger. So both me and hna Bardales noticed and jumped at the chance to talk to her. We talked 30 min in the street along a busy road andput a cita for the next day. She´s 26 and lives alone and is waaay intelligent with spiritual subjects (within the first 5 mintues of us being in her house she wanted to know more about the 2 priesthoods and what they were used for….). I loved teaching her in her house. She actually confessed that she had tried to get in contact with the missionaries before but wasn´table to! I´ve never taught someone who has such a hunger to learn about the Gospel, it´s inspiring. Like all people she has doubts and problems but we´re working on those with her. I´m so grateful we decided not to eat theempanada! Today I got the best surprise phone call in all of my mission! Juanita from San Pedro called me to tell me that she´s getting baptized this weekend! I was so happy to hear from her. She thanked me for teaching her and she wanted me to know that she has a testimony of the things we taught her.Haha…she said that if it weren´t for me she never would´ve let the Elders into her house because she never Would have trusted them…and that she is so HAPPY now! I could tell the difference in her voice. I loved hearing from her and it made me so happy to know that through me the Lord was able to help her. I wish I could go and see her get baptized but she promised me tosend pics. I honestly love that woman so much, i´m so grateful that i was able to teach her, she is an amazing person…so full of life and knowledge and now she has the knowledge of the gospel. That is what makes missionary work worthwhile. So that´s the most of my week. I miss Nacimiento but i know the Lord wants me to be here for at least this time period. Thanks for all that you guys do. I love you and hope that you all are doing well. Until next week…Robyn

No comments: