Saturday, October 4, 2008

Letter from September 29th

Sorry this one took a while, we didn't have internet (=



"Hello everyone!Thank you all for your letters, I got a lot of them this week at our zone conference (everyone else was jealous because i got so many letters!!! I have the BEST family and friends EVER). However, I still haven´t gotten all of the letters. As far as sending goes, I think Dear Elder is the fastest,then pouch, and then regular mail (this is according to the tests done by Roxy and Risa). I haven´t gotten any regular mail yet, but I have gotten one from Risa and Roxy through pouch and I have gotten one from mom, multiple from dad, Roxy and Risa through dear elder. Now, the thing is that all letters are sent to the office in Concepcion, which is then sent to my zone leaders, then my district leaders, then me....so really it is a long process in general to get letters. Via email I don´t always have time-money to printout the letters (especially when dad sends a 12 page letter) so like I said, if it´s about a page you can send it via email, if it´s longer or pictures it would be best to send it via snail mail and we will just have to make due with what we´ve got. But thanks for your letters and thoughts!

Today I FINALLY saw the ocean and it was beautiful! We had a district activity and we went to this pretty park on a hill that over looked the ocean. AND it´s warm here (haha) so it was amazing. This morning was quite the adventure though...we had a fountain of water streaming from our front yard. someone came to ¨fix¨ a leak in our pipes. the old man was nice, but did not know what he was doing. He ended up breaking the pipe and a geyser of water was spewing from the pipe and he couldn´t fix it!!!! We had a swimming pool in our yard. Finally some construction workers came to the rescue and now the problem is fixed. you just have to laugh I guess... though I wasn´t in the best mood when it was happening.

Life has been good...I love Chile, the people are amazing, honestly. I learn so much every day just from interacting with people, it´s great! this week I´ve been thinking a lot about obedience. In the Ensign Elder Eyring quoted an apostle (i don´t remember who) that said that all of God´s commandments are for a reason, he doesn´t give us commandments just for the heck of it (i´m paraphrasing...obviously). but in DC 130:20-21 it says that all blessings come from obedience. So even though it´s tough obedience to ALL of god´s commandments is essential. I love thinking about Nephi, because he was always obedient. For instance, in 1 Nephi 17 the Lord told Nephi to get up, and go to the mountain and he did it. then his entire family was blessed through his knowledge of building the boat to cross the waters. God knew Nephi would be obedient because Nephi had been obedient every time in the past. Just apply this to our lives. Just because we are obedient once,doesn´t necessarily mean that we will receive the blessings right away, we must make it a habit to be obedient, that way the lord knows that we will comply with what he commands. Then the blessings will follow. I love that knowledge, I love the fact that it´s a law that if i am obedient the lord will bless me...it´s simple and short yet most people don´t do it. So my advice to everyone is to be obedient, it´s as simple as that (and a lot harder admittedly...but the concept is easy). anyway, i don´t have a lot of time so i have to go. I love you all and thank you SOOO much for your letters. You rock! I am praying for you all. Hopefully you will receive my letters soon. love ya, Robyn"

No comments: