Dear Family,
Thank you as always for your letters! I love reading them.
This week has been crazy. I arrived in Padre Las Casas on
Tuesday evening. There are 6 missionaries in this sector
and we all share it! 2 Sisters and 4 Elders, but it is fun to
be able to see the Elders so often, they are fun guys. Before
this change there were only 2 Elders and 2 sisters but the
mission presidentdecided to add another pair. My
Companion is Hermana Taylor and she rocks!We get
along great and it´s always an adventure. Actually, a
funny story isthat back in September when we were at
the Hermanas Conference she came up to me and said,
¨I think you´re going to be my companion before I go¨. I
thought it was a bit weird but it happened! When I found
out she was my new companion I just started laughing.
She also loves to make brownies…I´ve had brownies 2
times this week alone, but the people love it. So we are
changing the lives of the Chileans one pan of brownies at
a time. Anyway, Padre Las Casas is a city just south of
Temuco and it is FULL of hills. Needless to say I have a
ton of blisters and i come home every night exhausted
from climbing the hills (usually running because we
are often late). But i guess that´s good because i will
work off all the brownies that I eat.
This week I got to know a lot of the members in the
ward as we went to go visit and have lunch with them.
They are very loving and kind. One member in
particular is amazing. Her name is Ruth and she
LOVES to go out with the missionaries and teach. She
honestly is a better missionary than I am. She sacrifices
so much to help people learn the Gospel. Actually, she
was telling us the other day that before this change she
was thinking she wouldn´t be able to continue going on
splits with the missionaries in this area because of her
work and her daughter just had a child that she needs
help with. But as she thought about it she know that she
wouldn´t be happy if she wasnt actively helping the work
of the Lord. She then went on to say that the reason she
dedicates so much of her time to missionary work is
because she loves the Lord. She told us that although she
likes to be with us, the only reason why she is helping us is
because she wants to show her love for the Lord. Isn´t that
amazing! She doesn´t have to do half of what she does, but
she has such a profound love for her Heavenly Father that
she is willing to give up her time and energy to follow him.
I love it. We canlearn so much from how people live their
lives. She is a great example of devotion and love. Anyway,
that has been my first week in this area. I have to go now
but know that i love you all and that we need to make our
actions comply with our beliefs and feelings.! Love you,
Robyn
PS-I sent a second batch of letters today so hopefully people will be
getting them in a couple weeks.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
October 20th letter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment