Dear Family and friends, I wrote 2 letters and they were both lost! So i am short on time and this letter will be short (sorry mom and dad, one of those letters was to you).On Saturday we got our transfers and I am going to Temuco in the South! I will be in a city called Padre Las Casas (it´s just south of Temuco). I will leave early on Tuesday because it´s a 5 hour bus ride from Concepción. I'm excited to go because I´ve always wanted to live in the south but I´m also sad that i´m leaving my first area! To be honest it came as a complete surprise, but such is life!
This week has been crazy, but good. I´ve come to appreciate the relationships that we form in life. Now that i´m leaving i´m thinking more about the people that i met and what i learned from them. One family that I love is the Gonzalez family, they are a young couple and many times are short on Money but ALWAYS give whatever they can. Yesterday we went to visit them and they were having a difficult day. The mom (Moira) was sad because she wasn´table to go to church and share her testimony, so she shared it with us. It was amazing! And i learned that amidst our trials that we have in daily life we should always count our blessings, and try to have a positive Outlook on life. So the next time you guys are having a hard day, try learning from Moira, and share your testimony that you have (whether it be that Jesus is the Christ, that God loves us, the truthfulness of the scriptures, etc.)and it will make you feel so much better. And you will be able to help and strengthen those who you share it with.
Another family i love has been a family I´ve been teaching. They love it when we share with them and are always so eager to learn. The mom (Carolina) is hilarious and always tries to focus on her family and the importance of having a family and being supportive. Well, this is just a taste of some of the people that have helped me but unfortunately, due to technology, i am short on time so i must go.
Thank you all for your continued support. Oh…and just so you know, we moved ahead an hour on Sunday while in the US you moved backwards. So there is now a 4 hour difference (from Colorado time). Oh…and as far as Christmas(Roxy), i would like a card from each of you sharing your testimony and a gospel principle you have learned recently….and music (Mormon Tabernacle Choir), knee-high socks, and candy from the US…and Café Rio if anyone can figure out a way to get same day service. I will send out letters as soon as i can. Love you all! Robyn"
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment