Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dec 21

Hey Guys,

Wow, I can{t believe you got to talk to Katie!!! That's great. I'm jealous.
I hope she didn't give too much info...haha.

This week was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay busy. We had our Conference in
Concepcion and i receive your packages. Thanks THEY rocked!!! I totally love
the Christmas music and the candy...so does my companion! And I also got the
package from dad. Thanks for what you wrote me, i will write a personal
snail mail to you later. I was happy to finally receive the packages. AND
we found out that they know where the temple will be built!!!!! it was all
over the newspapers and so President gave us permission to go out and by an
edition. It was funny to see all the missionaries flock towards newspaper
stands to buy the news. It will be in Concepcion, near the mission home. It
will be in the other mission (unfortunately not in Concepcion South) but it
is right on the border. Dad, i want to go see the land before we go home.
Also, is there anyway we can go to the Santiago Temple before leaving and
doing a session? I guess we can talk abotu it later.
Also this week Javiera got baptized. IT was a great day. She was so happy,
she reminded me a lot of myself the day of my baptism. I have been
thinking a lot about miracles during this time of Christmas and i think that
her family is a great miracle. It has been amazing to see how Hector, her
dad, has decided to turn his life around and start going to church. He
doesn't know a whole lot, but he has a lot of desire and animo, which is
changing his life. I don{t know if i told you all but he got the Priesthood
a couple Sundays ago and he got up to bear his testimony afterward. It was
something simple, but it touched the hearts of many. The Lord really does
work miracles, and since miracles happen according to our faith, i think
that more miracles happen during this time of Christmas because really are
united as children of God, adoring the birth of our Savior, and showing the
faith that we have in Him. I've been trying to look at miracles everyday,
and they truly happen. Another miracle has been Aurora. She has led such a
hard life and has known nothing else other than the things of the world. Yet
in these past few weeks she has grown and learned so much. It is very
difficult for her to change, and it pains me sometimes to see how hard it
is, but i know that the Lord will continue to bless her. She's having a hard
time dropping her job and finding another. Unfortunately, Mulchen is not
known for it's booming job market so it's been difficult.
So i hope that this week you all can look for the miracles that God works in
our lives. And you can also read Moroni 7...that{s what got me thinking
about miracles this Christmas season. I love the Savior and i am so grateful
for His birth. I know that He lives and that only though Him we can be
forgiven of all our sins and come to know the true and living God. He really
does love us and I know His Atonement is the greatest gift and miracle that
any of us will ever experience. I love you all and i will talk to you soon.
Until Christmas!

Hna Richardson

No comments: