Tuesday, January 12, 2010

November 30th

Dear Family and friends,
Honestly, I think last week was the longest week of life!!!!! I really don´t
know why it went by so slowly….but it did. The weather is getting warmer,
finally…however, yesterday it did start to downpour rain right before church
and the rest of the day it was sunny and nice. Funny how the Lord tries us
sometimes isn´t it? (many people didn´t come to church as a result of that
downpour of 30minutes or so…they didn´t pass the test). I´m glad that you
guys are getting to work on the challenge i sent you…honestly, i know that
the Lord will bless you for doing your part. Something that i´ve really come
to like is the story of Alma and Amulek…Amulek was a member helping Alma,
and Alma didn´t have any success until he got help from a ¨¨member¨¨.
Actually, Amulek (i think it´s in Alma 8 or 10) states how the Lord has
blessed him and his family for helping Alma in missionary work….if the Lord
would bless Amulek, i know that He will bless you. So continue to think,
pray and fast for the person that you should work with and please REALLY DO
IT! Actually, i won´t know if you did it full heatedly or not, but the Lord
will (something to make you think…hahaha).
Today I´m in Nacimiento with Hermana Nuñez and Holt. It´s been really fun to
be back here, i forgot how pretty it is. That and the sisters here are
awesome so it´s fun to come back.
This past week we started teaching a woman named Aurora, she´s a way cool
older lady who recently decided to change her life and believe in God. She
still has a few¨problems¨but we´re working on it with her. Actually, she
Works in a Prostitution House, she´s not a prostitute but she´s
¨recepcionist¨I guess you could say. She´s trying to find another job but
hasn´t been able to find one and her Husband is in jail so she is the only
provider of her family. It´s interesting to be in this type of situation,
i´ve never taught someone like this before. For us it´s obvious what she has
to do, but it´s harder for her to let go of…especially since she needs the
Money. However, she is honestly one of the nicest people i´ve meet. She
LOVES learning about the góspel and when we teach her she takes out a pen
and notes all the scriptures we use. Yesterday she went to church and in
sacrament meeting I gave a talk on service and charity, as we were all
leaving the meeting room (that´s on the top floor) we were behind a member
who has to use 2 walking sticks. Usually she gets down the stairs without
too much help. But this time Aurora (who was new and didn´t even know the
member´s name) took her by the arm and helped her down 2 flight of stairs.
I don´t know why but that image really stuck with me. She really wants to do
what´s right.
The other day we were teaching Aurora in her home and one of the ¨¨workers¨¨
was listening to us. At the end of the lesson we invited her to come to
church and she looked down and said ¨¨I would like to, but because of my
work i can´t¨¨- I feel soo bad for, especially because she´s younger tan i
am and is in this trick of the devil. This past week i ´ve come to
understand how damaging, spiritually speaking, breaking the law of chastity
is. I wish i could go and teach to all of the women that work in that type
of environment and let them know that there´s something better. I´m actually
thinking about doing it…we´ll see how it goes. Anyway, I just want you all
to remember that you are literally children of God. He loves you dearly and
truly desires your well-being. That´s why he´s given us the commandments, to
protect us. Our bodies are temples, they are sacred. And every time we defile
them or are in a situation that may lead to breaking that commandment we are
literally damaging our souls. This world would be so different if people
would just keep the law of chastity.
Anyway, i´ve got to go. I love you all and i hope that you are doing well.
Please remember to share the Gospel so that the world can change! Love ya,

No comments: