Hey guys,
This week went by really quickly! This week I was able to go back to
Nacimiento to work and I loved it! I did an intercambio with Hna Holt. It
was weird being back there after such a long time but I enjoyed it. I was
able to help a family (Marta and Romy) to go back to church, I hope they
continue, they are a great family…they just have many problems. To be
honest, I don´t really remember what else happened this week, it was all
kind of a blur. However, I have been thinking lately of all the blessings
God has given me. I really don´t feel worthy of all the opportunities and
experiences he has given me. The thing is that before, I often wondered why
I didn´t have more. Then as I took time to actually think about it, I
figured out that really, I have received more than I deserve. I think that
is often the case, if we are thinking too much about ourselves and what we
want, we loose sight of the blessings of the Lord. But when we focus more on
the will of the Lord and what HE wants for us, we recognize the many
blessings we have received. Try it, you´ll be amazed at all that you have
received.
Oh yeah, I got some exciting news. Pablo, the son of Juanita got baptized
last week! I got to see some pics and they were great. The Elders told me
that they are both really happy and doing good. That always makes
missionaries happy, to know that the people they love are progressing.
Lately we have been teaching a girl named Rafaela, her family is member but
they don´t go to church. IT´s been a bit difficult because she and her older
sister (she´s 14) like church, but their parents are lazy and don´t go. I´ve
been in many instances this week were it seems like the children are being
the example to the parents….when it should be the other way around. But
hopefully the parents will come around quickly so that the whole family can
be blessed. Javiera and her family are doing good. They are going to go on
vacation for a month so I won´t be able to see them for a while. Actually,
this is the last week of cambios so if I get changed, I won´t be able to see
them until the end of the mission. But they are strong and will hopefully go
to church in Victoria. So that´s been about it. I hope that you guys are
doing great.
Robyn
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Jan 11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment